Tuesday, November 28, 2006

I've been slacking. I know, sorry. So, I'll just be random.

It's the Thanksgiving Christmas season, and for some reason I've been working on a lot of bids recently. Of course I'm happy about it. The more bids we put out, the more opportunities to make money, and we've been awarded quite a few jobs. Maybe we'll have a million dollar month before the end of the year. That's my excuse, take it or leave it.

This weekend I bought "Sound of Melodies" by Leeland, and I am unable to listen to anything else right now. How do you go from constantly listening to Zao's "The Fear is What Keeps Us Here" and Flee the Seen's "Doubt Becomes the New Addiction" (Yeah, I listen to this stuff and work in Children's Ministry. Oh, come on you've got to love it.) to Leeland? I don't know.

I had a great Thanksgiving. My dad came down and brought his mom with him. My brother brought his family out. We went to my Uncle's in Cattersville. There were ten adults and seven kids, six of them were under five. It was a blast.

On Saturday, I received a book in the mail that a Youth Pastor friend of mine down in Boca Raton, FL wrote. It's called "Sex was God's Idea", and is targeted towards teens. After all he is a Youth Pastor. I read all the preliminary stuff and the first chapter last night. I'll tell you more about it when I finish it, but so far it's great. If your not patient enough to wait for me, his myspace is http://www.myspace.com/cornerstoneuth. There is a great promo video there. If you've lived a sheltered life, be warned. It's very up front.

Christmas is less then a month away, and I still can't wrap my head around the idea that Thanksgiving just passed.

I'm probably going to cause some problems. Christmas is on a Monday this year, and we are having it at my brothers in Flowery Branch. Well, I'm not going out there until Sunday afternoon. Because those kids in Children's Church are my priority, but maybe I'm seeing the glass half empty. Maybe I should just leave for my brother's right after work on Friday so as not to cause problems.

I've stopped listening to Neal Boortz since last Wednesday. I'm not sure why. It's not like he's changed what he is saying or anything like that. I've known ever since I started listening to him where I agreed and disagreed with him. In fact I'm still reading Neal's Nuze, and I'm still getting and reading the Boortz Blast Newsletter. I guess maybe...I don't know.

Well that's it for now.

God bless,

Mr. Keith

p.s. Try to go see "The Nativity Story" sometime this season. After all, Christmas is about the birth of Christ. No matter how hard leftist organizations try force us to forget. http://www.suntimes.com/news/metro/151601,CST-NWS-nativity28.article

3 comments:

lydster said...

We just saw an advert on TV last night for the Nativity Story - it looks really good.

I'm glad to hear that you're enjoying the holiday season so far. Are you putting up a Christmas tree and/or lights?

Thanks for your comment the other day - I think things have sorted themselves out now.

Ta...

Mr. Keith said...

No lights or tree. When I get merried if that's what my wife wants then I'll do whatever she wants, but since it's just me, no.
Plus, I enjoy my house to much the way I have it now.

Anonymous said...

Hi, very interesting post, greetings from Greece!