Monday, March 12, 2007

I have no title for this

I started reading Sex was God's Idea in November, and I finished it at the end of January.

It's not a hard read at all, but Thanksgiving and Christmas, out of town family and driving kind of messes up a man's routine. The week of Christmas alone I put about 400 miles on my vehicle, and just driving to and from my brother's house, which is only 130 mile round trip.

The book is great. It's very clear and concise in its message. It's not just some Christian saying don't have sex before you get married because the Bible says so. He actually gives statistics on the actual, possible consequences of premarital sex. He actually gives the references to the stats he gives. I whole heartedly recommend this book for any young person to read.

There is a link to the myspace page that has information on aquiring the book. In fact, you can read the book in the blog section if you would like.

I am currently on a bit of an American History kick, especially Southern History. My sister gave me a copy of The President, the Pope, and the Prime Minister: Three Who Changed the World by John O'Sullivan, which I just started, and a Barnes & Noble gift card.

With the gift card I bought The Politically Incorrect Guide to the South by Clint Johnson. Which I read in a couple of weeks. I'm so glad I read this book. If you're from the South, and hate the we are so often stereo typed as stupid, backwards, cousin marrying, moonshine drinking, racists, read this book. If you think that we Southerners are all of those things, then read this book.

Once I finish The President, I plan on reading alot about the War Between the States. (Actually, after I read Rediscovering God in America by Newt Gingrich.) I have a small list going, but if you have any recomendations let me know.

For some reason, I have this desire to know what really happened in the past. Not just what we were told in school happened. I want the meat. I want the flesh and bones of the past. Maybe it's because "those that don't know the past are doomed to repeat it."

I want to know my History, our History. The History of the greatest nation in the world, period.

God bless,
Mr. Keith

Two in one day. Things are slow this week here at the office.

No comments: