Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Okay, I admit I don't hate myspace.com, completely.
myspace.com is just like Wal-Mart.
Well, I'll tell you. Thanks for asking.
Most honest people will tell you that they love and hate Wal-Mart. I know I do. The reasons might be different, but the feelings are the same.
I love Wal-mart because it is so convenient. The largest one in the Southeast is just down the road from my house. If I need groceries, jeans, socks, a DVD whatever. In five minutes I'm there.
That is probably the same for most people.
And for all of you that went to college or were a part of a missions organization or were just bored. How many times have you gone to Waly World with friends just to screw around or try to get kicked out. It's like a theme park for bored and poor people.
Now the hate is for different reasons then a lot of people. I don't hate them because they're a big scary corporation trying to make as much money as possible to become rich. I am a capitalist and I do the job I do to make as much money as possible. So, I can live the life style I want to. It's not because every employee doesn't have health insurance or employees aren't paid enough. They should have done better negotiating to get the pay and insurance they wanted, or they should have worked harder in the past then they did so they could have better standing in the job negotiation process. I don't hate them because they won't allow their employees to unionize if they choose to. That's actually a good reason to love them. After all I am a capitalist.
My hatred is because of there use of Eminent Domain. What am I talking about? If they try to buy up land to built there next store, and one of the land owners doesn't want to sell. Wal-Mart goes to the county or city government and get them to condemn the land. Forcing the owners off. Supposedly being paid "far market value". People who have had there home for 30 -40 years, or in their family for over 100 years taken away by their government because the gov will get more taxes from Wal-Mart then you.
What's that got to do with myspace.com? Not much other then I hate and love myspace.com. to find out why I hate it, look at the previous post. I love it be cause it's convenient.
Mr. Kieth

1 comment:

lydster said...

So I started leaving a comment to this post with some of my own thoughts about Wal-Mart, when it suddenly snowballed into what was about to become the longest comment ever. My better judgement prevailed, and I've now written my own post about Wal-Mart examining it from a slightly different angle. But I've still left you a comment.